Update on #iwill / Making Change Project
Due to issues of restricted access to schools in 2020 this project will now run in a similar way in 2021.
About #iwill / Making Change Project
Scavenger Labs are a new social enterprise concerned with environmental and science education. We are running a social action project in partnership with Todmorden High School and Todmorden Learning Centre to raise environmental awareness and promote positive behavioural change as part of the #iwill programme. https://www.iwill.org.uk/
Thanks to a grant from the Community Foundation for Calderdale we will work with young people and families from Todmorden High to create a campaign around waste and creative approaches to behaviour change.
Key Info on #iwill Project
- 6 Creative Sessions to make a plan for change (Feb - March 2020)
- StudeChoose a Global Issuewhere we can make a Local Change
- Learn from experts on how to make change happen
- Fun Final Event to share the changes with the school and beyond (April)
For more information on Making Change or these projects please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07913882193
Key info on the #iwill scheme
- The #iwill Fund brings together a group of organisations who all contribute funding to embed meaningful social action into the lives of young people.
- Social action involves activities such as campaigning, fundraising and volunteering, all of which enable young people to make a positive difference in their communities as well as develop their own skills and knowledge.
- The #iwill Fund supports the aims of the #iwill campaign - to make involvement in social action a part of life for young people, by recognising the benefit for both young people and their communities.